Since 2010, Saatva, the original online mattress industry disruptor, has shaped the way for online mattress sales worldwide. With a reputation built on sustainability, using responsibly sourced materials, and manufacturing domestically, they offer an optimized delivery process with a much lower carbon footprint than competitors. As one of the first e-commerce mattress companies, even before Casper, Dreamcloud, Nectar and many others, they have been selling directly to consumers online for over a decade.

With an extensive manufacturing and delivery network, they are able to provide customers with the highest quality product at an affordable price. Saatva’s prices are 20-30% lower than if they had to pay margins to wholesale and other channels like most generic mattress brands. Every mattress they produce is carefully handcrafted, made-to-order, and delivered to the room of your choice at no additional cost.

Partnering closely with Samsung, Saatva has built a technologically enhanced platform that provides the customer with an immersive, best-in-class shopping experience. They drive all their content to numerous screens throughout the store, with a back engine called Magicinfo, that provides an educational journey or self-guided tour to ensure a perfect night’s sleep!

Unlike other mattress stores, Saatva’s “Viewing Rooms” are a place where customers can test and experience the products, but they cannot take home a mattress directly from the store, as each one is made to order. Although you cannot take home a mattress directly from the Viewing Room, you can order it there and have it delivered to your home in 7-10 days. The driving force behind the opening of these Viewing Rooms was the discovery that only about 25% of people are comfortable with purchasing mattresses online, due largely to the fact that this type of purchase tends to be a very personal experience. Saatva realized they had to tap into the other 75% of the market, which is how their brick & mortar business model was formed.

Saatva’s newest retail locations, designed by Hines Collective, exude a feeling of prestige and luxury, with elegant white tree installations, custom scent, and an overall idyllic ambiance when you walk through the doors.

They have been rated as one of the best mattress and sleep accessories brands by several websites, including health.comgoodhousekeeping.comesquire.comhousebeautiful.comapartmenttherapy.com, and bostonglobe.com, among others.

The first Saatva store opened in New York in 2019, followed by the second store in San Francisco, then Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, and Washington D.C. They plan to open more stores in various locations throughout the country in 2023. Check out Saatva’s Boston flagship at 90 Newbury Street to experience this unique luxury experience for yourself!

 

Full interview with Chad Lundeen, VP of Real Estate below!